Services & Pricing:
Take the worry out of buying or selling a home with HIA. Having your home professionally inspected by HIA could save you thousands of dollars on items that you may be able to have the seller or builder correct and give you a peace of mind during the stressful home buying process.
In fact, large majority of our home inspections more than pay for themselves. On average, we find needed repairs around $3,000. Other times we find significant issues which save you from purchasing a property with major problems.
The fee for your home inspection depends on several factors.
- Type of dwelling (single family home, townhome, condominium)
- Total finished square footage (finished basements included)
- Age of home
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- Number of kitchens
- Presence of crawl spaces
- Sale price
- Detached structures on the property (garage, pool house, in-law suite above garage etc.)
|Single family & townhomes|
|Pre-drywall / New home|
|Indoor Air Quality testing|
See our sample report
An inspection conducted by HIA evaluates over 1600 items outside and inside the home.
- HIA’s 1,600+ point Professional Inspection exceeds the standards set by the American Society of Home Inspectors, the oldest and most respected society in the industry.
- Computerized Report – Provides detailed information about your property, written in simple terms that you will understand, includes color photos to support the findings, and is sent electronically to you.
- We thoroughly inspect all major components of the property and advise clients about any future anticipated maintenance as well as any safety related items.
A thorough HIA home inspection includes the following:
- Porches and Decks
- Structure and Foundation
- Roofs and Attics
- Gutters and Drainage
- Electrical Systems
- Plumbing System and fixtures
- Basements and Crawl Spaces
- Finished Floors, Walls and Ceilings
We also inspect and / or operate:
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Air Conditioning (in cooling season)
- Plumbing Fixtures in Kitchens and Baths
- Water Heaters
- Lights and Receptacles (representative sampling of)
- Windows and Doors (representative sampling of)
- Built-in Appliances
How to choose a good home inspector