INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY SCAN
“ ITS” INSPECTION
Infrared Thermography is the technique for producing an image of invisible (to our eyes) infrared light emitted by objects due to their thermal condition.
Infrared Thermography Scan is a valuable add-on service to your home inspection. We can “see” thermal signatures and locate air infiltration points at walls and ceilings, find worn/damaged window and door weather seals, detect areas that may indicate inadequate insulation coverage or installation, plumbing leaks, water intrusion, electrical deficiencies, HVAC duct leaks, etc.
More About ITS Inspection
- Insulation deficiencies: in walls, ceilings, and attics. We can identify missing or poorly installed insulation that can lead to energy as well as financial loss.
- ITS Inspection can be used to detect plumbing leaks (toilet leaks) as well as water intrusion in the home’s outer envelope/basement, where rain OR groundwater might be entering.
- Electrical issues such as loose connections in electrical panels, switches, and outlets as well as other electrical problems that can cause overheating and fire.
- ITS Inspection is also used to locate HVAC ductwork leaks, not only at exposed ducts in attics but in the enclosed walls and ceilings as well.
- We are also able to inspect radiant heating (also known as underfloor heating)