Sewer Scan helps you avoid potential sewer backup!
The main sewer line from the home to the city connection is the responsibility of the homeowner and repairs can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $50,000.
A plumbing company charges $500+ for a Sewer Scan, our fee is only $189 when added to your home inspection.
A regular home inspection excludes any systems that are not visible, such as the sewer line. The only sewer scan testing that can be performed, is running water down the drain and making sure that water goes through it.
However, it is possible to have a 75% blockage with roots penetration and the water is still flowing through it. Water will drain during a home inspection with only a few gallons of water going down the drain line. But when a family uses the house systems fully, taking a shower, draining a tub, dishwasher, a washing machine, or flushing a toilet, it might overwhelm the partially clogged waste pipe and back up into the house. With sewer scan you can prevent those costly repairs.
(Your FREE 90-day SewerGard warranty will be extended to 6 months!)
- Root Growth: There is root growth present which is commonly a result of a damaged drain line or void in a joint.
- Offset: There is an offset in the drain line where two pipes are not properly connected and there is a „lip“that can cause clogging and leakage.
- Belly: There is a low point in the drain line which will promote clogging.
- Debris: There is debris build-up in the line, we recommend clearing as needed to prevent further clogging.
- Scale Buildup: There is scale build-up inside the sewer line which will promote clogging.
- Damage Line: There is a section of damaged drain line found. We recommend the repair of all damaged lines.
Types of Repairs
- Rooting: The pipes are a source of the water, nutrients, and oxygen that roots need. And when a root finds a leak, it will quickly grow into the pipe and obstruct the flow of waste, causing blockages, broken pipes, and other serious headaches for homeowners.
- Scale removal: The cast iron scale/corrosion shown builds up on drainpipes and must be removed with a better equipped with a descaler head.
- Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting is a method used by plumbing contractors to clean clogged or slow sewage lines. A blast of water at high pressure is sent into the lines that will usually remove blockages and build-up. Hydro jetting systems normally use about 4000 psi
- Last Resort: Digging pipe up & replacing the pipe (the most expensive)